Is waking up a nightmare for you? Do you hit the snooze button so many times you barely get to work on time? Maybe you just think you aren't a morning person, but if waking up doesn't come easily to you, then maybe it's just because you aren't getting a full, restorative and restful night's sleep.
Related Blog: How to Wake up Feeling More Refreshed
What Happens When You Don't Sleep Well
You may not even realize that you aren't sleeping well. It is common to think that since you got eight hours sleep you should wake feeling refreshed, but if the sleep was low-quality, then you are going to wake up groggy and feeling blah. Here are some common signs that you are not getting a good night's sleep:
- Difficulty waking up; hitting snooze.
- Feeling groggy, and the feeling persists.
- Body feels tired, achy and stiff.
- Feeling scattered and not able to think clearly, even after you have been up for a while.
- Wake up craving sugar and caffeine.
You should wake up feeling refreshed and energized. If you aren't, then it's time to work on your sleep hygiene. This is one way to wake up more easily.
How To Get Quality Sleep So You Can Wake Up More Easily
Part of the process is habit. If you practice good sleep habits, you will sleep more soundly. Here are some ideas to help you out:
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
- Avoid caffeine after 2 or 3 p.m.
- Avoid "screen time" for at least an hour before bed. This means laptops, phones, tablets and televisions! With that said, you can also download an app that filters sleep-disrupting blue light from your screen. f.lux is a good one.
- Create a nighttime ritual that lets your body and mind know sleep is coming. Aromatherapy, hot tea, soft music, and low lights are all effective.
- Make sure your room is dark and a good temperature; not too cold, not too warm.
- Make sure you have a comfortable, supportive mattress. Even if you do everything else right, you can't make up for a bad mattress.
By following these tips you will ensure a higher quality of sleep so that you can wake up more easily in the morning and feel better throughout the day!
To get your best night's sleep, you need the right mattress. Stop by either location of Land of Sleep today and find your perfect mattress!