Do you know that you spend a third of your life asleep? That’s what makes having a comfortable mattress so important, it literally affects one-third of your entire life. You depend on your mattress to keep your spine aligned, reduce muscle pain, and regulate your body temperature overnight. When you protect your mattress, you improve your sleeping experience.
4 Ways You Can Use to Protect Your Mattress
1. Use Mattress Pads
Mattress pads, also called mattress toppers, are cushioned and will provide you with extra comfort overnight.
You can get various types of mattress pads from thin pads with protective sheets to thicker slabs that can provide an extra cushion to your firm mattress.
2. Plastic Encasing
This is especially important when you are moving your mattress, exposing it to dust and damage. A plastic encasing is a great way to protect it against dirt, dust, water, or even folding and bending.
3. Get Waterproof Mattress Covers
The best way to protect your mattress is by using a waterproof mattress protector to guard against spills and stains and to protect the integrity of it.
A waterproof mattress cover also protects your mattress's inside material from skin oil, body sweat, and allergens that build up over time.
4. Firm Support Base
A firm foundation is the kind of support your mattress needs to protect it from early wear and tear. Checking the manufacturer's instructions or warranty for recommendations can help get the best support base for the type of mattress you have.
A good base should support the weight of the mattress and those sleeping on it. Checking your bed's support at least every year will help you notice any broken slats.
How to Know When It's Time to Get a New Mattress
When it's time to get a new mattress, you'll notice that your sleeping experience has changed, impacting your daily life. Here are a few things to look out for that may signal the need for a brand new mattress rather than just a mattress cover or topper:
- When you can feel lumps and coils through the fabric of your mattress, it's a sign of wear and tear.
- Stiffness in your muscles means that your mattress is no longer comfortable and cannot support you as it's supposed to.
- After cleaning your mattress, you notice that your allergies or asthma are getting worse. A dusty mattress will worsen these conditions.
- When you can feel your partner's movement, it means your mattress can no longer reduce motion transfer. This happens when the mattress is old and needs to be replaced.
The best mattress is the one that offers you quality sleep. If you take good care of your mattress, it will take care of your sleep. An ideal mattress should reduce pressure points on your body and give you a good night's sleep. Contact us today and find your perfect mattress.